Monday, August 18, 2008

Big D

Alright. I'm out of Dallas. To be honest, I don't have much to say about Dallas. I didn't really spend much time in Dallas. I spent a week in Los Angeles to get some R&R, but I really don't have much to report about Dallas except the following few points:

-The house itself reminds me of Sacramento / St. Louis, where as it feels as if the balcony is quite far away. Getting information out and back was interesting
-The first place I stayed was near Stemmons Freeway, where, on the first few days we stayed there, the front desk was held up at gunpoint and a car was broken into. After my vacation, I moved up to live with my Uncle in Carrollton.
-Driving in Dallas gets confusing. There are a lot of different on ramps / off ramps that go in different directions which don't feel like they go in the direction you want. Plus lots of toll roads.
- We spent a lot of time rehearsing for Toronto, so we didn't get a lot of time to get out. At least I didn't.
- The group who hosted us in Dallas were fantastic, and offered tickets to various Dallas locations, a fantastic opening night party, and catered food every day between 2 day shows! Thank you ever so much! We felt so welcome.
- I got to go on a lot, including a week of Hank the last week of Dallas.

Which means that Matt Bailey did a week of Tommy DeVitos. And Erik Bates went on vacation.

Otherwise, we were very busy gearing up for our big opening in Toronto! And here I am, and I really love it already (I've been here a day).

And in closing, I promised Ty (one of the folks who helped us get fed between shows) that I would mention her on my blog. Ask, and Ye Shall Receive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Let us know about Canada once you've been there for some time. I enjoy your blog and your sense of humour - as the Canadians spell it. Nice that you enjoyed Dallas so much.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Taylor!! Knock 'em dead in Toronto!!! Ty

Anonymous said...

so how are you enjoying Toronto, mister? isn't it about time you update your blog? (if we can ever get your wireless connection fixed ...)

- masooma (that underage stage door girl)