Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Changing of the Guard

Well, it has been quite the whirlwind week for me! I have been on for about every performance this week. I was supposed to go on as Hank, to fill in for Gutman until our new Hank Majewski (Matt Bailey) was ready... but not so much. It started off with Courter as Frankie, and me as Joey for 2 performances. Then after that, I have been doing Barry Belson! Who knows... tomorrow I might go on for Lorraine in a pants suit. Just kidding. I would never wear a pants suit.

I just want to give a big congrats to Eric Gutman on his debut on Broadway this week. We miss you buddy.

But in his place, we have the fabulous Matt Bailey, who brings Hank a great, new, and different energy. I look forward to working with him, or filling in for him. He's a great guy, and a fantastic musician.

Seattle continues to be rainy, and cold. But still cool (not temperature wise). In my last post, I talked about going to the Underground Tour, and now I can talk after the fact. The tour was, as a fantasy Aunt would say "very nice". Very informative, very historical-like. I enjoyed myself, and learned more about Seattle, why it was built 7-30 feet above the original ground (flooding, exploding toilets), and the special "sewing clubs". Look it up if you want to know what I mean.

This is me in front of a 19th century "Crapper"



It was very cold down there, in the "basement" of Seattle.

Seattle must be a great place to raise kids. Or kids who grow up to be rock musicians. I think this Monday, we'll be going to EMP, or The Seattle Experience Music Project. We'll all Rock music nerds, so I'm told this is a cool place for us. Tourism is a must on tour.

For those of you who wanted to know about Eric Gutman's going away party, it really wasn't anything special. Just a little food, a little drink, a little chat, and off to do his final show. For people who leave our tour, we usually sing "Happy Trails" backstage at the intermission of the final show, with a dessert of their choice. And that's when we hug, emote, and then do a second half of the show.

For my week-du-performances, I'll just say this: that the backstage traffic is so intricate, because the backstage area is so small (compared to other cities)! It's like a Rube Goldberg Machine. So doing different tracks consecutively can be challenging, but I was able to pull it off without any hitches. Hooray for hard work, tracking people backstage, and our wonderful crew.

So that's all for now. But I do have an exciting announcement coming up. Not "Gutman" exciting, but exciting for me. I'll let you know as soon as I can tell you guys. Here's a hint: it involves a blimp, overalls, and the Kelvin temperature scale.

That hint was false.

I'll let you know through my twitter feed (on the right, or at twitter.com/taylorsternberg), or at taylorsternberg.com

On a parting note, I like this picture:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Taylor you crack me up. I'm loving this new blog of yours. It suits you. Congrats on getting to go on more often and doing well. Enjoy Seattle- tourist style. Anxious to hear the announcement...

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Taylor for taking over the blog. It is really great and informative to hear the goings on backstage in the cast and crew.
All the best and continue to blog on.......

Anonymous said...

I think that picture of Nate and Ernie may be my new favorite picture.

Thanks for keeping us updated on what's been going on with you guys on the road. Can't wait to hear your big announcement! =)

Anonymous said...

Yo Taylor! You are truly charting your own blog course! Thank you for the update on the happenings for you and the Sherry Co. in Seattle. Looking forward to the announcement.

teehee said...

Love it! Keep up the great work...and stay warm!

P.S. You would make a fantastic Lorraine.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I looked up the thing about "sewing clubs," and all I found was clubs that sew. You're such a big tease, Taylor. Really, now.

Taylor said...

A word about the sewing clubs in Seattle: Prostitution rings would operate as "Sewing Clubs" because of legal, registration, and taxation rules.

Jeannette said...

CONGRATS on getting to go on Sunday evening as Frankie! That must be so exciting for you especially since I heard that it will be your first time doing this role. SWEET! I wish so badly that I could be there in person cheering you on, seeing your Frankie but alas it's just not in my budget especially so close to Christmas! Break a leg!
I LOVE that picture of Nate and Ernie. I'd love to know the story behind this picture. THANKS again for blogging and let us know about your guys' party for Guter!! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just wanted to thank you for keeping up this great blog. I was (and still am) a big follower of Eric's, and I'm so glad that you are keeping us up to date with the tour! Best wishes!

P.S. I like the picture of you with Ernie... : )

Anonymous said...

Oh wait...that's not you with Ernie... Well, I like the picture!