Monday, December 10, 2007

I Have Heard The Call. I Will Take The Wheel.

Yes. It is true. Eric Gutman is going to Broadway, and I believe he is taking his blog with him. I remember talking with him yesterday at his good-bye dinner / cocktail party about the new title. Perhaps he'll call it "The Gutman Gutter" or "The Hank Herald". Both of those were actually titles that I came up with right at this moment. Trust me, when you see the REAL new title, you'll like it.

So he'll have his Broadway blog, and I will take over for the Tour Blog, hence the name "Tour THAT", in honor of his "Tour This" name. It's like the sequel to "Analyze This", but with less DeNiro, and more Joe Pesci. And Barry Belson. And perhaps Frankie Valli here and there. Don't forget Hank!

So here I am, with a blank blog page, ready to fire away at the webernet. Or the interweb. Whatever you kids call it now-a-days.

Where to start? Seattle? Seattle, I love you. If you are just joining us, The Tour is currently sitting at the very beautiful (but cramped) 5th Avenue Theater in Seattle, Washington.

Aside from Tempe, Arizona, This is the first state that we have performed in outside of California. Which means that it is very cold, something that I'm not used to. How cold? Well, around 40 degrees. Stop laughing. For me, that is COLD.

Besides the cold, Seattle reminds me so much of San Francisco, or a mini-New York. It's a great city with great people, and a strong arts community.

Last night, to join in on the festivities (and mourning) of the loss of our Eric Gutman, I tracked Brandon backstage (tracking is when you follow someone backstage. I do this to learn the new tricks of each new backstage area). All our hearts were with him for the show, we had a great time, and he ROCKED out in the playoff solo at the end. We will miss you so much man.

And time goes on. I have already visited the historic Public Market, and today, I will visit the Underground City. So who knows what else Seattle will bring.

Holly and Taylor at The Public Market in Seattle


That's it for now. I have to go meet my group for the tour. More on Seattle later!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taylor! It is so exciting to know that you'll be blogging about your experiences with the Sherry Cast and being on the road. I know you'll do an EXCELLENT job at keeping us all informed! By the way, you were an awesome backstage tour guide in Costa Mesa! Keep warm in Seattle!

Anonymous said...

Rock on, Taylor. "Firearms & Flowers" will live on in our memories forever, even as Eric sets out on a different path. ;) Thanks for taking up the blogging duties! Take care.

-Just another SF fan

June Yee said...

Thanks Taylor!

Looking foreward to your future blogs!!

Anonymous said...

Taylor, you are charting your own course in the blog world! Break a leg! So looking forward to your next entry and many more!

Anonymous said...

I've read your jaiku. Now you have me looking for female motorcycle cops. Thanks. I'm sure you'll bring a unique perspective.

Anonymous said...

Taylor, thanks for taking over the blog and letting us know how you and the rest of the cast are doing. I saw the cast perform several times in San Diego, Costa Mesa, etc. Looking forward to more entries!

Anonymous said...

Taylor, thank you for carrying on the torch which Eric has handled admirably. Looking forward to your future blogs. We will miss Eric and his musings, but I know that you will do a great job! Can't wait to read all you have to write. (Whew! I was worried about going through withdrawal without this blog ;) )

stubbleyou said...

Hi, Taylor. Can you tell us about EG's going-away dinner/cocktail party?

Anonymous said...

YAY! Thanks for taking the reigns, Taylor!

Unknown said...

Taylor you rule. Thanks to taking the reins from Eric. Can't wait for the next entry.

Unknown said...

Hi Taylor,

Neat title for your blog. I'm sure you didn't have to explain it though. =)

Wendy

Anonymous said...

You have made me VERY happy in taking over the Sherry Cast Blog!!!
Thank you so much. We are all looking forward to reading about the rest of your tour. I have seen you all perform 2 times in Los Angeles and once in Costa Mesa. I am now going through withdrawal pains knowing JB is out of California....so sad...

Anonymous said...

This is so cool, dude! you've just lifted me off the deep funk the guter's leaving dumped me in..keep on blogging, berg-man!

Anonymous said...

Yes! This is awesome, Taylor. I was crossing my fingers for you to start a blog. What a nice holiday gift. I look forward to hearing more from you soon. Love the blog title, btw!

Jeannette said...

FANTASTIC!! I'm thrilled that you've taken over Guter's blog for the Sherry company! I look forward to reading your adventures being in Seattle. I wish I could fly up there myself to see the show but sadly it's just not in our budget. I too enjoyed you as my 1st tourguide in Costa Mesa! I'm the one who asked about the computer bringing things off/on the stage and if it ever didn't work right for a show. THANKS again for taking over the tour blogging! :)

Anonymous said...

Mini-New York loves you too.
haha

Blog has got to be one of the funniest words ever...

Not as funny as Borscht or Discombobulate, but still funny.

Anonymous said...

Way to step up, Taylor! I'm glad we'll still be able to keep up with all the happenings on the road. You guys are almost like family, now. By the way, who's the lovely lady in the photo?

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Taylor,

Pictures please. Lots of pictures.

Jeannette said...

I'm relieved to know that I'm the only Cali. fan out there suffering from JB withdrawals! I too would love to see more pictures if possible. I also would love to hear how Eric's last show went, the party you guys had for him, etc. I sure do miss everyone and the show too. I went from originally planning on seeing the show 3x in Costa Mesa to 10x by the time it left. lol

Anonymous said...

As you can see, we definitely miss you and the rest of the cast here in California!
Thanks for blogging; we're looking forward to your posts... take that wheel, we're in for the ride! :)

Kim said...

Tracking sounds a little bit like Stalking. And all I can picture is you walking in his footsteps, about an inch behind him...each of you slightly leaning forward with your hands clasped behind your backs, taking exaggerated steps - cartoon-style.

Anonymous said...

Taylor....love your blog. I feel as though I am with the tour. This is great for an armchair actress. Take care